Are you getting ready to serve a crowd this holiday season? If you are, you may be on the hunt for some fun, new holiday dessert recipes! Check out this Velvet Candy Cane Fudge! This make-ahead dessert only takes about 25 minutes to create plus at least a 2-hour chilling period. It makes about3-3/4 pounds of fudge so it is perfect for family gatherings, festive work parties, or get-togethers with your best pals! This recipe has the perfect mix of minty freshness and red velvet sweetness that creates a winter wonderland inside your mouth!
What You Need
- 2 packages of white baking chips
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 2/3 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of shortening
- 1 can (14 ounces) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of red paste food coloring
- 4 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 6 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons of crushed peppermint candies
You might also like: Simple Mac-N-Cheese Recipe Perfect For Upcoming Holidays
What To Do
- Line a large 13×9 inch baking dish with aluminum foil. Grease the foil with butter.
- Combine 3-1/4 cups of white baking chips, chocolate chips, and 2 teaspoons of shortening in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Microwave at 15-second intervals, stirring in between each session until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in milk and food coloring. Gradually add in 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar. Spread everything into foiled and greased pan.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, melt the remaining white baking chips and shortening.
- Beat in cream cheese, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract. Gradually beat in the remaining confectioners’ sugar until the mixture is smooth.
- Spread over red layer and sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on top. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Using foil, remove the fudge from the fan. Cut into 1-inch squares.
If you love this recipe, you might want to check out the Holiday Cornflake Cookies, Cream Cheese Candies, or Homemade Peanut Butter Cups all here in easy Christmas desserts for a crowd!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.