The Honda Accord and Honda Civic – both available at O’Daniel Honda in Omaha, NE, have been the two best selling cars with under 35 drivers over the past 11 years. These top selling cars for millennials was determined according to Honda analysis of cumulative registration data from IHS Automotive.1 The Accord and Civic – which were also the top retail-selling cars in their respective segments in 2013 and 20142 – with combined registrations of more than one million vehicles in the U.S. to “Millennials” from 2004-20141, more than any other two cars across the industry.
Either Civic or Accord has held the top spot in retail car sales to under-35 buyers in each of the past 11 years.
- Civic took top honors in retail sales to under-35 buyers from 2007 to 20133.
- Accord took the #1 position in 2014, with Civic finishing a close second.
- Accord also was #1 with under-35 retail car buyers from 2004 to 2006.
So why are these models so popular among younger drivers? We like to think it’s based on Honda’s legendary reliability, affordability, and safety. Younger drivers lucky enough to get into their own cars can find many of the tech features they desire in our new Accords and Civics. Their parents
1. Based on IHS Automotive cumulative new retail vehicle registration and age of head of household data for CY2004-2014.
2. Based on IHS Automotive, U.S. new vehicle retail registrations for 2013 and 2014 in the Non-Luxury Traditional Mid Size car and the Non-Luxury Compact Car Segments
3. Based on IHS Automotive new retail vehicle registration and the age of head of household data for CY2004 -2014