Football season is in full swing! Your tailgate buddies may be getting bored of the same old chips and dip to snack on every weekend. Maybe you aren’t interested in getting a barbecue pack with baked beans and slaw from a local restaurant this weekend. Try some of these delicious and fun recipes that are sure to amp up every gameday watch party! Here is a recipe for Crispy Peppercorn Chicken Wings to get you started.
- Black Peppercorns: 2 tablespoons
- Kosher Salt: 1 tablespoon
- Ground Coriander: 1 tablespoon
- Ground Cumin: 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala: 1.5 teaspoons
- Baking Soda: 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar- 1/2 teaspoon
- Chicken Wings: 3 pounds, flats and drumettes are preferred
- Scallions: 2
- Lime: 1
You might also like: All The Reasons You Should Get Your Oil Changed Regularly
1. Crush your peppercorns then place them inside a large bowl.
2. Cover a large, rimmed baking sheet with a double layer of aluminum foil then set it aside.
3. Add salt, coriander, cumin, garam masala, baking soda, and sugar to the large bowl with peppercorns. Blend everything together with your hands to make sure all of the spices are mixed evenly.
4. Toss your chicken wings and oil into the bowl with the spice mixture. Toss with your hands until wings are evenly coated with the spices.
5. Place your chicken wings onto the baking sheet. Chill in the refrigerator, uncovered, for at least one hour and up to one day.
6. Remove wings from the refrigerator and let them sit until they are as close to room temperature as possible. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 425°. You’re going to bake and then broil the wings so they get extra crispy.
7. Bake wings on your oven’s middle rack. Remove the sheet halfway through and turn the wings over with a pair of tongs. Bake until browned and crisp in spots and cooked all the way through. This should take between 30 and 40 minutes.
8. Broil until the second side looks as crisp and lightly charred as the first side. This should take about 3 minutes. Let your wings rest for about 5 minutes.
9. Serve with thinly sliced scallions and lime wedges!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.